Sunday, May 12, 2013

Sunrise


Sunrise offered a very beautiful spectacle; the water was quite unruffled, but the motion communicated by the tides was so great that, although there was not a breath of air stirring, the sea heaved slowly with a grand and majestic motion.
- George Grey -

I recall reading these words some time ago and feeling that they resonated with me in a powerful way.  On a recent walk along the beautiful shores of our quiet beach, I was reminded of these words once again. How accurately they captured the scene before my eyes on a cool Autumn morning as the sun made her slow,  steady journey upwards through the golden sky.

Sunrise on a deserted beach, arguably my favourite time and place of every day.

Love Bella xx

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful picture!! And those words are exceptional- they seem to resonate with me too. Think I need a trip to the coast soon :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your messages. I love reading your words and sharing snippets from our seaside life with you.

Love Bella xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails