Saturday, April 20, 2013

15/52 Dreamscapes


"A portrait of my family, once a week, every week, in 2013."

Bella: Dreamy, light, natural and content.

For the bloggers out there, what is your blog about? Is it a projection of how you want to live? Does it carry a message? Is it an online journal of important moments in your life? Perhaps you are documenting life as a mama, sharing recipes, DIY projects and personal views. My blog is all of these things with one exception. I'm yet to embark on motherhood but I yearn for it from my very core, from my heart, my bones and my being.

My blog is a story of my life from the sunny shores of my youth to the lush green forests of the country and back again. I've travelled to more countries than years I have wandered this beautiful earth and have lived in cities that hum with life and culture. Along the way I've learned how to incorporate more natural foods in my diet. I've learned to grow my own vegetables and herbs, how to make my own delicious, creamy yoghurt and gluten free alternatives to give my family sustained nourishment and vitality.

I've made new friends and learned some valuable lessons. I can say with humour and respect that I have lived a simple life, filled with all the pleasures of travelling to exotic and remote corners of the world. I've immersed myself in rich traditions from faraway lands, hiked rumbling active volcanoes, scuba dived vibrant and otherworldly shipwrecks and reefs and returned home time and time again with more perspective on life and love.

To share tiny moments from my life with you has been a rewarding experience. As my blog continues to evolve, I will invite you back here time and time again. To laugh, create, and live. I've documented some of my favourite moments to share with this online community and have so much more to give.

To the loyal readers, the mamas, the friends and the drifters, thank you for taking the time to visit and share your thoughts.

To my mama, thank you for giving me life and unconditional love. You have blessed me with the greatest gift I could imagine and I look towards my future with strength and encouragement that I too will one day share these gifts as a mother.

Love Bella xx

5 comments:

  1. My blog is a record of our journey, but also a record of me. What I think and love and feel. That way I know if they every need to my children will be able to look back on it and have an understanding of who I am/was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess my blog is similar to your blog, in that mine is the stories in my head, the reflections of my life, in sum of it it it is my story. But in saying that it has given me a step into so many other worlds and so many other stories.

    http://iliska-dreams.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love all your pictures but this one, so dreamy, is one of my favorite of the past week (i linked it to my 16/52 blog post http://mybrandnewlifeasmom.blogspot.it/2013/04/1652.html)


    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post and that picture... there's something about it that makes me keep looking. So glad to have dropped by.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your messages. I love reading your words and sharing snippets from our seaside life with you.

Love Bella xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails