Saturday, June 8, 2013

23/52 The River House


A portrait of my family, once a week, every week, in 2013

Coco: Content to relax in the morning light by the river, she is pictured here looking towards the bone treasures she hid in the garden.

On a crisp winter morning we rose from the warm comfort of our little bed to wander along the bank of the slow moving river. The earth was damp and cool under my bare feet, forcing me to hop back towards the river house to find a pair, any old pair of shoes.

I love to visit the river house in the winter time. The sunlight plays on the water as it hops from one ripple to the next and the whole scene is quiet and calm as nearby floating ducks create wake triangles downstream. Here I sit on the weathered bench and close my eyes. I listen. The distinct sounds of nature can be heard: The musical trill from the birds on the island; the gentle rustle of dry leaves in the breeze and the rhythmic lapping of the gentle ripples against the pontoon and embankment that was built to prevent flooding onto the perfectly manicured lawn.

I stretch slowly, deliberately as I inhale deeply. My worries drift downstream with the ever flowing current and I feel serenity. I have my health, my greatest love, my family, my life to be thankful for and I make a silent promise to myself to come back here. Soon.

My favourite portraits from last week's link up with Jodi's 52 project are of these sweet faces, from the magic of bubbles to the cheeky expression and tiny toes. These are precious images. I was also struck by the humour and sweet nature of this little one as she bathes her brother in the kitchen sink.

Less than one week remains to enter our giveaway. If you haven't entered yet, the link may be found here. I will announce the winner on the 17th of June, 2013. Good luck my dear blogging friends and check back soon for another fantastic giveaway that I'm bursting to share with you all... As my readership grows, so too does my excitement with our giveaways.

You're going to love it!

Bella xx

4 comments:

  1. oh i love this, you captured the moment perfectly in the image, his expression and the tongue lick and your beautiful words xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I couls sit by the river in the morning sun! The light looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh so awesome! love this one. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your messages. I love reading your words and sharing snippets from our seaside life with you.

Love Bella xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails