Monday, January 21, 2013

Amaretti by the Sea

A little bit of Italian, blended with the seaside. Amaretti is a story of sweet biscuits, mobiles made from driftwood we collected from the beach, the delightful aroma of almonds and Amaretto baking, and relaxing cloudy days curled up with hot tea, biscuits and a good book. Music credits to the late Signore Renato Carosone for his bubbly, light song Tu Vuò Fà L'Americano.

Amaretti by the Seaside from Bella Mills on Vimeo.


I realise this style of piping is not necessary to make amaretti but for the life of me, I could not find the round piping bag attachment for my piping set, so I improvised with a crescent shape, and had a lot of fun making squiggles!

Recipe for gluten free amaretti biscuits can be found here.

The end result was delicious but if you think that we merely nibbled crunchy amaretti with hot tea from this batch, you would be wrong, because we used them in another recipe and as yet, nobody has correctly guessed what that recipe was... Any ideas dear friends?

Bella xx

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was a fun day. Baking is my escape :)
      Bella xx

      Delete
  2. Your amaretti and entire blog are wonderful!

    Nice to know you via blogging. Hope to be back for more of wonderful baking and photography. I'm your latest follower :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment, Zoe. I love to write about food and share little things that brighten my day. The videos are a new venture and I'm learning as I go but I must admit, it's lots of fun.
      Bella xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your messages. I love reading your words and sharing snippets from our seaside life with you.

Love Bella xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails