Sunday, January 6, 2013

1/52






"A portrait of my family, once a week, every week, in 2013."

Maxi: His luxuriously soft fur and trademark black goatee are two of my favourite features. Here he waits to see if Byron will open the iron gate so he can make a speedy escape

Coco: Tomorrow marks one month since we first laid our eager eyes upon her quizzical frown after much discussion on whether we should adopt a puppy. Here she waits for Maxi to make his dash out the gate, watching intently with her floppy left ear that she is unable to extend. That gorgeous frown and her floppy left ear, two of my favourite features.

Byron: A momentary glance downwards to decide on the placement of his feet as he made his way carefully along the grassy headland during our morning stroll through the national park.

Bella (and Coco): Byron took this picture of an unsuspecting me as I walked with the puppy along a grassy hill, interspersed with white and orange rocks and overlooking a gorgeous blue jewelled sea.

I'm feeling inspired. Today was a beautiful day and as I gratefully sit here, cross-legged on my bed with a small hand-painted Turkish bowl containing the last of my modest handful of fresh blueberries, I am proud of myself for beginning one of my projects for 2013. I've started sewing my very first patchwork quilt for Byron. It only took me twenty odd years to get around to making the templates and rolling my razor sharp blade through pieces of nautical-themed fabric. Anchors, life buoys, ships with white sails.

Oh how I love the sea...

Bella xx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Bella!

    I just wanted to stop by and say thank you for the follow and best of luck with the quilt! It is my goal to one day start AND finish one so I am really excited to see your finished product!

    Also, lovely photos and wonderful blog! I look forward to following along!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Stephanie! The quilt is proving to be a slow project but I am enjoying the whole learning as you go thing. I don't expect it to be a masterpiece but I will make it with love and patience and see how it turns out.

    Thank you for following!

    Bella xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the expression I am imagining on your dogs face...I love a dog frown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bella, thanks for your lovely message on Mad Maison. Your blog is just lovely...and Maxi and Coco are adorable. I look forward to reading your blog in the future, Claire x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your messages. I love reading your words and sharing snippets from our seaside life with you.

Love Bella xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails