Monday, December 31, 2012

Patience


This year is drawing to an end and 2013 seems to be hurtling towards us at an unfathomable speed.

There is nothing I can do to change time from flying right by us in bright, blurry flashes but there is something I can do with the time available to me. I can seize it. I can learn to be more patient with myself and others. I can learn to better express the gratitude for the people and things in my life that are important.


I can put myself out there and not be afraid of the risk of losing, but rather be proud of myself for taking a chance.

As the sun finally sets on 2012 I will remember who it is I am and who I want to be. I want to be the best version of myself.


2012, I tip my wide-brimmed hat to you. At times we didn't get along and I wished for your brutal end to come but as patience has taught me, sometimes the hard times are worth the ride. In your final hours dear 2012 and as the sun kisses my ankles and the sea tickles my toes for the last time with you, I want to thank you for all the time you could offer me. I have made new friends, I've visited new places, I've learned more about myself and how to best respect and manage what I have.


I hope my dear family and friends out there can enjoy the transition from 2012 to the new year. I hope 2013 brings everything you wish for and as we bravely step forward into a new morning, I hope you are surrounded by love and support.

With love,

Bella xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your messages. I love reading your words and sharing snippets from our seaside life with you.

Love Bella xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails