Sunday, January 10, 2016

2/52 Family


This week was a tumultuous sea of dips and peaks. We shared adventures to Aboriginal sacred sites, watched golden and cherry blossom pink sunsets, played in the sand and came together after Love's accident. As a parent, it's easy to carry the guilt of not-getting-there-in-time. It can be hard to let go of this heavy feeling, but surrendering to the understanding that we try to be where we are needed at the times we are needed most helps us to heal and to support each other through these troubling moments.

Byron was distraught following Love's fall. I could hear it in his shaky voice and see the fear in his expression, even after she had been released from hospital. He kept apologising to her and to me and I kept soothing him as gently as I could manage.

You did the right thing, you brought her to the hospital. You're where you need to be. She's lucky you were there.

These two extraordinary people are my family. I could not have hoped for a better man to share my life and our beautiful daughter adores him.

Joining Jodi and friends

Sharing more photos of beautiful families on our photography website

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely blog you have here...I've been going back through your posts and admiring your beautiful photographs, family and words. So pleased I found this space of yours xx
    Katrina
    www.capturingmomentss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. A roller coaster week indeed but these are beautiful photos that tells over and over of the love that knits you all together :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your messages. I love reading your words and sharing snippets from our seaside life with you.

Love Bella xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails