Thursday, December 10, 2015


344/365

Chicken pox. We have no idea where she contracted it but I do know that for two weeks, I felt unrelenting fear as her little body fought the virus. High temperatures, general discomfort and a very poorly baby. Thankfully, she did not break out in many blisters. These pictures were taken at the beginning. I don't have photos of how she looked as it progressed because I couldn't be separated from her when she needed me.

Somehow, despite this recent illness and the mandatory quarantine period, she managed to find joy in simple objects. A hair brush, a ceiling fan, a roll of toilet paper. Baby Love, you are stronger and more resilient than I ever imagined. I'm thankful that you did not suffer for very long. I'm grateful that your beautiful smile and happy personality shone through, even when you were unwell. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your messages. I love reading your words and sharing snippets from our seaside life with you.

Love Bella xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails