Monday, October 7, 2013

Around My Family Table




recycled wrapping and seashells // Byron opening his gifts // Thriller LP

This week we celebrated Byron's birthday. I recycled some wrapping paper, used paper raffia and broken sea shells we collected from the beach to decorate his gifts. Gift number one was a Thriller LP, which we listened to as he cut his cake. It was hilarious to watch him bop and sing as he blew out his candle.




more gifts // organic cotton shirt // fresh oysters

The next gift was a skull and pineapple organic cotton shirt from the eco-friendly store elsom. These guys make beautiful shirts, whilst keeping an eye on sustainability and environmentally responsible farming.

I served freshly shucked oysters with homegrown lemons and mouth-watering tiger prawns for lunch. Salty food, fresh from the sea and my kinfolk made for a happy gathering at our family table.





saved the best gift for last // mum's view of us at lunch // Portia // tiger prawns

The final gift was an Open Water Scuba Diving course with PADI. I've been a qualified diver for more than half of my life and soon, Byron will share more of the captivating magic of the vast blue seas with me.

We laughed, sang, danced and ate great food. It was sad when our lunch drew to an end and our family parted ways. Sometimes I wonder why we wait until birthdays or Christmas to get together like this. There's nothing more touching than to gather around my family table and spend these moments together.

I love my family.

Bella xx

8 comments:

  1. What a great birthday! Michael Jackson is on high rotation in this house too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I want to do is dance when MJ is playing. Ha ha. Saw some of your lovely pics, did a little blog hopping. Happy to have made the time for your lovely images too :)
      Bella xx

      Delete
  2. Fantastic birthday photos! :) Those prawns! Yumm. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh they were delicious! I'm not sure if it's because we waited so long to eat fresh prawns again... I think it was the flavour, they were incredible!
      Bella xx

      Delete
  3. So glad Byron had a great birthday. ps your gift wrapping looks gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! I see you've had some lovely family time recently too. It's wonderful to be surrounded by family xxx
      Oh and the gifts were fun to wrap, I love making everything a little bit seaside...
      Bella xx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Jennie. I take photos when I can, however I've been a little lazy with the camera lately, only dragging it out when I have the time. It's more important to live in the moment :)
      Bella xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your messages. I love reading your words and sharing snippets from our seaside life with you.

Love Bella xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails