Thursday, September 19, 2013

Sunset Picnic on the Riverbank

Dear Byron,

I took this picture on my birthday. Do you recall the beautiful picnic we shared as a group of perfect strangers played stringed instruments, sang and drank wine nearby? From our picnic rug we dined on soft cheeses, delicatessen treats, almonds and fresh juice from the local Bellingen market.


We nibbled, sipped and made shadow shapes of mystical creatures from the long rays of the setting sun. We laughed like children but kissed like lovers on the river bank as an elderly couple paddled their canoe downstream. We joked as we discussed our plans for overseas adventures and when our musical friends left, we slow danced to the natural melody of the crickets and birds before the cool May air prickled the hair on our skin, signalling the night.

My sweet husband, in ten short days we will celebrate the beginning of your 27th year. I hope I make you as happy as you made me on my memorable day.

Love Bella xx

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave your messages. I love reading your words and sharing snippets from our seaside life with you.

Love Bella xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails