Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas

Mine was merry.


I happily spent time with my mother and grandmother. Our tiny gathering of three was very special with three generations of women under one roof. The minimal decorations that adorned our gifts and table had a distinctive seaside feel and I thoroughly enjoyed wrapping gifts this year with seashells I had collected from the little beach across the road from our new home.

We spared thoughts and silent prayers for those less fortunate, those in ill health and lose missing loved ones. We wished each other good health, continued love and support into 2013 and expressed our gratitude for loving company through long dinner table conversations, laughter and stories.

I hope you, dear blog friends enjoyed a safe and relaxing holiday surrounded by those you love and I hope you remembered to hug your loved ones tight, just as we did this Christmas. Our well wishes extend to you all.


Bella xx

3 comments:

  1. The pictures on your blog are amazing! Glad we could "meet" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wrapping is just beautiful!
    Penny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Ktbuttons Thank you! I really enjoy sharing our life through little snapshots. It's fun to explore our new surroundings since leaving Sydney for a small seaside town. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas (it looks like you did from your blog!) :)

    @paisleysummer Thank you! I wasn't sure how the wrapping would turn out and although it was a little time consuming, the expressions on my mother's and grandmother's faces when I presented them with the gifts made it well worth the effort. I think I'll do it again next year! I hope your Christmas was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your messages. I love reading your words and sharing snippets from our seaside life with you.

Love Bella xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails