Monday, March 22, 2010

A Warm Welcome to the Blogosphere



It is autumn, mid-morning. I have debated the past few days on whether or not to create a blog and after having decided to bite the bullet I find myself on my bed, wrapped in a grey cardigan and cream knitted shirt, loose charcoal pants and odd socks. My laptop rests on my legs, in my lap funnily enough…



This is my first web log. I have no idea what lies ahead but I hope to create for myself and you, my reader a place where we can escape the grit and grind of daily life and take a moment or two to reflect on the simplest pleasures in life.

And now, a little bit about me…
I’m an Australian girl (still not used to calling myself a woman, despite being in my early twenties), born in Sydney, New South Wales and have lived most of my life in small towns dotted along the NSW east coast from the southern shores of Dolphin Point to the northern town of Lismore. I currently reside in a quaint, though beautiful Europeanesque town called Armidale in the Northern Tablelands. The picture here is of Booloominbah, a heritage building at the local university. This photo was taken at the Carols by Candlelight held by the university in December. Despite the fact that it was summer, the air was crisp and cool as we huddled on the lawn with a blanket, and cracker and cheese platter.

As many of the trees here are deciduous, such as the giant elms lining the drive to the university, Armidale glows vibrant golden yellow and orange from now right up until late April. The recent days have been warm but I do find myself fumbling about in the dark for that extra blanket at the foot of my bed during the night.

This weekend I enjoyed the Autumn Festival parade and markets with my friend, Erin. It was the perfect day to stroll about town, I honestly did not see a single cloud and it was the busiest town centre I have witnessed in quite some time. It was nice to be able to wander about in the sun before the cooler weather sets in as the winters here seem to chill you to your heart’s centre.

I have just received a phone call from Naomi, the sweet lady at the health food store who has informed me that the coconut oil I had ordered has arrived. I will bring my own container and she will weigh one kilo for me as I select some scented oils. This weekend I am going to make homemade cold-pressed soap and personalise it with some rubber stamps I found in the markets.


As you might have guessed I have several projects going at the moment, which is the usual for me. Not content with any one thing, my attention often drifts between my passions for science, my love of cooking and travel, and my desire to create. As a result, you will find images of my work and journeys posted here from time to time…just as soon as I find a suitable digital SLR camera to capture images of my art and of course the warm hues of autumn in Armidale.

Now I’m going to stretch and make myself a white hot chocolate.

I will post more very soon… please feel free to stop by at any time…

Bella xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your messages. I love reading your words and sharing snippets from our seaside life with you.

Love Bella xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails